incompatible types!

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 7 07:34:57 PDT 2011

On Wed, 06 Apr 2011 12:32:37 -0400, simendsjo <simen.endsjo at pandavre.com>
wrote:

> Both the d1 and d2 homepage states the following:
>
> There are two versions of the language:
>    1. D version 1 which is in maintenance mode.
>    2. D version 2 which is recommended for new projects.
>
> Should it mention that d2 is beta and phobos alpha? Or are you alone in
> thinking that?

I would recommend that it said this.  Maybe I'm alone, and everyone else
has no issues when they use D2.  It's not up to me what to say on
digitalmars, I am not in charge of that page.

BTW, if it's a choice between D1/phobos and D2/phobos, I highly recommend
D2/phobos.  D1 phobos is woefully inadequate for any real projects (when I
first learned D it was for a networking project at work, and I tried
D1/phobos for about a week before looking for something better), I
recommend D1/tango if you want to use D1.

-Steve