Compiling DMD

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Thu Apr 7 21:37:25 PDT 2011

Is the makefile supposed to work "out-of-the-box", or is it expected that it
be edited first?  Because when I do "make -f win32.mak" form the src dir I
just get "Error: '\dm\bin\dmc' not found". Same (exact same) result if I do
"make -f win32.mak D=path_to_parent_of_dm".

I know I can just hack the make file to make it work like I've alwayd done
before, but now that I'm starting to work with the source from github, I
want to see if theres a "proper" way to do it that I'm missing that won't
end up with me needing to omit the makefile from commits and re-apply my
change whenever I pull a new version of the makefile.