Cycle detected between modules with ctors/dtors

Mandeep mandeep at brars.co.in
Fri Apr 22 23:16:22 PDT 2011

Hi,

I am trying to compile the code that was working with dmd 2.050 using
dmd 2.052.

The code compiles but it gives me errors with message when trying to run:

Cycle detected between modules with ctors/dtors

This was not happening earlier with 2.050. I am not able to produce a
smaller test case for this but it is happening with a lot of code
pieces. A few scenarios in which this is happening is if a class passes
its reference to child class for usage.

I understand that the above might not be a fit datapoint for analysis
but wanted to understand if this is known or someone else has faced this?

Thanks & Regards
Mandeep