Linux: How to statically link against system libs?

Alexander aldem+dmars at nk7.net
Fri Apr 29 16:27:23 PDT 2011

On 29.04.2011 22:02, Nick Sabalausky wrote:

> I had been shying away from Alexander's suggestion of uClibc because
> uClibc's website says it sacrifices speed for size, and because it looks
> like a royal pain to get set up.

  I am not sure that you would really notice speed difference - but it depends on your application. If you only use it for file/socket I/O, you will hardly notice anything, everything else is in Phobos, thus, independent on libc.

  Setting it up, in my experience, is quite easy - but, to be honest, I didn't try it recently, my last experience with uClibc was few years ago. Perhaps, I should try it again...

/Alexander