GG bug? (OS X Lion, DMD 2.054)

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Wed Aug 3 07:57:57 PDT 2011

On 8/3/11 4:07 PM, Magnus Lie Hetland wrote:
> I upgraded from OS X Snow Leopard to Lion recently (on a 32-bit iMac),
> and when I tried to run my D code afterward, I suddenly ran into all
> kinds of interesting problems (lots of failed assertions in my tests,
> and bus errors in my actual runs...).

This seems to be exactly same problem I reported to the NG some days
ago. It is caused by ASLR being enabled for 32bit applications on Lion
too, and kennytm is to be credited for tracking this down to a fixed
stack bottom in the druntime code:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/pull/43. The fix has
already been merged into master, please use that for OS X development
until the next DMD release.

David