winpcap binding

maarten van damme maartenvd1994 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 00:10:12 PDT 2011

Hello everyone,
It's been a couple of days since I've started trying to use the pcap library
with d.
first I've started from scratch but I gave up partly because I don't know
enough of how sockets are implemented in d and how I was going to be able to
bridge those two, I ended up making one giant mess :p.
Then I've stumbled upon htod.exe but as of this moment it refuses to spit
something useful out. I was wondering if someone had ever used it before?
I do "htod.exe pcap.h ../pcap-stdinc.h *longpath*\winsock2.h
*longpath*\excpt.h"

Also I don't really know what I have to do with the bindings once I have
working d modules, simply place it with the shipped .lib files and wait for
magic to happen? (I've no experience whatsoever with c(++))

I'm also prety convinced d could gain a lot more users/libraries if binding
between header files and d files went way easier.

maarten