File append limit?

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 14:28:55 PDT 2011

On 05.08.2011 19:35, Joshua Niehus wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am running a script that creates a file which lists all the folders
> in a directory:
>     foreach (string name; dirEntries("/Users/josh/", SpanMode.shallow)) {
>         append("/Users/dirList.txt", name ~ "\n");
>     }
>
> But it seems to stop appending after 255 lines (this particular folder
> has 350 folders in all).
> When trying to read the created file:
>
>    auto f = File("/Users/dirList.txt", "r");
>    foreach (string line; lines(f)) {
>        writeln(line);
>    }
>    f.close();
>
> It writes out the lines, but after the last one I get "Bus error: 10"
>
> Any thoughts on what im missing or doing wrong?
> I am currently using D 2.054 on Mac OSX Lion
> The script was working with D 2.053 on Mac OSX Snow Leopard
>
> Thanks,
> Josh

I'd suspect that it's a manifestation of a recently dsicovered (and
fixed) bug with OSX Lion, more info here:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/pull/42

At any rate it's going to be into the next release, other then waiting
for it you can manually build latest dmd/druntime from github.

--
Dmitry Olshansky