DDoc adds filename as given on dmd command line in comment

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Wed Aug 10 00:36:20 PDT 2011

On Wednesday, August 10, 2011 09:13:02 simendsjo wrote:
> On 08.08.2011 15:36, simendsjo wrote:
> > I use absolute paths in a build script, and Ddoc uses the full path in a
> > comment in the generated files. This makes version control very
> > difficult as all developers has to use the same location (and possibly
> > operating system). Is there a way to avoid this without changing by
> > build script?
>
> Could it instead just write the module? Or module as a filename?
> pack.mod -> pack.mod
> or
> pack.mod -> pack/mod.d

It probably could, but I don't know whether that's generally desirable or not.
I'm afraid that I don't even know what you're talking about with regards to
Ddoc using the full path in comments in the files anyway. However, I wouldn't
expect generated ddoc to be in version control in the first place anymore than
I'd expect generated binaries to be in version control, so if that's the
problem, I'd suggest that you simply not put the generated ddoc in version
control.

Regardless, if the current behavior is problematic for you, create an
enhancement request for it. I suspect that it's something that pretty much no
one has noticed - especially if it's something that's not actually visible in
the documentation when you view it.

- Jonathan M Davis