DDoc adds filename as given on dmd command line in comment

simendsjo simendsjo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 02:24:49 PDT 2011

On 10.08.2011 09:36, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 10, 2011 09:13:02 simendsjo wrote:
>> On 08.08.2011 15:36, simendsjo wrote:
>>> I use absolute paths in a build script, and Ddoc uses the full path in a
>>> comment in the generated files. This makes version control very
>>> difficult as all developers has to use the same location (and possibly
>>> operating system). Is there a way to avoid this without changing by
>>> build script?
>>
>> Could it instead just write the module? Or module as a filename?
>> pack.mod ->  pack.mod
>> or
>> pack.mod ->  pack/mod.d
>
> It probably could, but I don't know whether that's generally desirable or not.
> I'm afraid that I don't even know what you're talking about with regards to
> Ddoc using the full path in comments in the files anyway. However, I wouldn't
> expect generated ddoc to be in version control in the first place anymore than
> I'd expect generated binaries to be in version control, so if that's the
> problem, I'd suggest that you simply not put the generated ddoc in version
> control.
>
> Regardless, if the current behavior is problematic for you, create an
> enhancement request for it. I suspect that it's something that pretty much no
> one has noticed - especially if it's something that's not actually visible in
> the documentation when you view it.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

I add the generated documentation to github pages to have the hosted
documentation somewhere. I could of course move it somewhere else, but I
don't see why I shouldn't put it there.

My generated ddoc:
         <!-- Generated by Ddoc from c:\d\ext\dwin\index.dd -->

std.algorithm:
     <!-- Generated by Ddoc from std/algorithm.d -->