Importing D libraries

Dainius (GreatEmerald) pastas4 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 04:32:04 PDT 2011

A question about RDMD - can it compile libraries as well? Since right
now it compiles my library code fine, yet I get an .a file that is
mere 72 bytes of size, so I'm pretty sure that it's not what I am
supposed to be getting. The command I use to compile it is:

    rdmd --build-only -lib -L-llua -I../include/LuaD arco.d cards.d

And while we're at it, how do you tell DMD what to name your library?
I know you can change the output directory with -od and the output
executable name with -of, but at least with RDMD, those don't seem to
do anything, I always get an .a file in the directory of the arco.d
file and the name is always 'arco.a'.