Reflection to detect public/private/etc?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Fri Aug 12 13:29:46 PDT 2011

Is there a way to check whether a class member (or other identifier) is
public, private, protected, package or extern?

Or at least "public/extern" vs "private/protected/package"? (I suspect this
one may at least be possible with some __traits(compiles, ...) trickery
(assuming "private" actually works at this point), although I don't know
whether it would have to take into accout the indentifier's type.)