Heap question

Timon Gehr timon.gehr at gmx.ch
Sat Aug 13 15:22:55 PDT 2011

On 08/13/2011 03:44 PM, bearophile wrote:
> I'd like to create an empty heap, and then add to it an arbitrary (and statically unknown) number of items, keeping the heap invariant valid all the time (this means the heap invariant is valid after each item is added to the heap, so I am free to pop items in any moment). Do you know if this is possible (and how) with the heap of std.container?
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

I think you cannot, which would clearly be a bug.

The fact that it even does not work with std.container.Array as the
underlying storage is probably a bug in either std.container or DMD.

Another thing that needs fixing is that std.container does not implement
the container interface for built-in arrays.