How do "pure" member functions work?

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sat Aug 20 11:12:49 PDT 2011

Sean Eskapp:

> Oh, I see, thanks! This isn't documented in the function documentation!

D purity implementation looks like a simple thing, but it's not simple, it has several parts that in the last months have be added to the language and compiler, and we are not done yet, there are few more things to add (like implicit conversion to immutable of the results of strongly pure functions). It will need several book pages to document all such necessary design details.

Bye,
bearophile