String multiplication

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sat Aug 27 09:17:52 PDT 2011

On Saturday, August 27, 2011 16:30:17 Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> I've always used array.replicate for this.
>
> std.range.replicate seems to be scheduled for deprecation, it only
> aliases itself to repeat():
>
> /// Equivalent to $(D repeat(value, n)). Scheduled for deprecation.
> Take!(Repeat!T) replicate(T)(T value, size_t n)
> {
>     return repeat(value, n);
> }

Yeah. The name clash is a result of the rearranging of names of std.array,
std.string, std.range, etc. that Andrei did a few months back. It's annoying,
but the name clashes will go away as soon as the old functions have gone
through the full deprecation cycle. In the interim, you just have to fully
qualify the functions.

- Jonathan M Davis