d2 file input performance

Christian Köstlin christian.koestlin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 09:26:23 PDT 2011

On 8/26/11 23:56 , bearophile wrote:
> Steven Schveighoffer:
>
>> In fact, it would probably be faster.
>
> I suggest the OP to keep us updated on this matter. And later after some time, if no solutions are found, to bring the issue to the main D newsgroup and to Bugzilla too. This is a significant issue.
>
> Bye,
> bearophile
Small update:
I added some more example implementations as a reaction to Mehrdad's
suggestion to make sure to use the same file-read api. So the c++ and
the d version both load libc dynamically and from that the symbol fread.
respective times from c++ and d: 115ms vs. 504ms.

the only thing i could also try is to use ldc or gdc (but i first have
to install those).

regards
christian