Abstract functions in child classes

Adam Adam at anizi.com
Thu Dec 1 10:19:49 PST 2011

I can see the case for a grand-child, but if a class does not provide
a definition for an abstract member, is that class not, by
association, abstract?

"Classes become abstract if they are defined within an abstract
attribute, or if any of the virtual member functions within it are
declared as abstract."

I *assume* that by extending Parent, Child inherits the abstract
function. If inheriting an abstract member transitively makes Child an
abstract, then I find that the abstract keyword at the class level is
little more than explicit documentation.