newbie question: Can D do this?

Philippe Sigaud philippe.sigaud at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 12:45:26 PST 2011

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 17:17, clk <clk at clksoft.com> wrote:

> 2) D doesn't  seem to support the list comprehension syntax available in
> python and javascript.  Is this correct?
>
> [f(x) for x in list if condition]

Correct. As other have said, it's doable by combining std functions.
As fas as I know, we do not have a cartesian product range, to iterate
on all combinations of two or more ranges.

[f(x,y) for x in list1 for y in list2 if condition]

I gave it a try a few years ago and could get something like this:

auto lc = comp!("tuple(a,b,c)", "a*a+b*b == c*c && a<b")(input1,
input2, input3);

->                       mapper,         condition,
        input ranges, as many as you wish

But at the time I couldn't find a way to do bindings, that is:

[f(x,y) for x in [0..10] for y in [0..x]]
-> the range iterated by y depends on x.

If anyone has an idea, I'm game.

Philippe