using a binary tree container

spir denis.spir at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 15:02:09 PST 2011

On 02/11/2011 10:33 PM, Mafi wrote:
> Am 11.02.2011 21:38, schrieb Steven Schveighoffer:
>> On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 14:46:26 -0500, Tom <no.email at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> what with this?:
>>> auto arr = ["foo", "bar", "aaa", "zzz"];
>>> sort(arr);
>>> assert(canFind("foo"));
>>> assert(canFind("aaa"));
>>> assert(!canFind("aa"));
>>> I had a "Error 1 Error: module algorithem is in file 'std\algorithem.d'
>>
>> it's spelled "algorithm", no e in there.
>>
>> -Steve
>
> I allways try to import 'algorythm' because of the german word 'Algorythmus'.
> When this happend for the first time, I spent about five minutes to find out
> what's wrong.

It is spelled Algorithmus in German, no ypsilon ;-)
http://de.wiktionary.org/wiki/Algorithmus
The word is not from greek, but from arabic/persian etymology (like many words
starting in al-). From wiktionary: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/algorithm:

 From French algorithme; from the Old French algorisme ("the Arabic numeral
system"), a modification likely due to a mistaken connection with Greek ἀριθμός
(number); from Medieval Latin algorismus, a transliteration of the name of the
Persian mathematician al-Khwārizmī (Arabic: الخوارزمي, "native of Khwarezm.")

denis