Number of references to a Class Object

d coder dlang.coder at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 07:44:05 PST 2011

> Also tango (for D 1.0) implements it.
> Link:
> http://www.dsource.org/projects/tango/docs/current/tango.core.WeakRef.html
>
> Might be worth a look if you are going to implement it for D 2.0.

I looked at the D1 implementation. It depends on GC methods
weakPointerCreate and weakPointerDestroy. These functions are
implemented in D1 GC as extern C functions.

It seems most of this code should be directly portable to D2, it would
certainly require changes in the DMD2 source code. I have never worked
at that level and have used D2 only for past couple of months. While I
can give that a blind try,  it would be useful only if it gets
excepted in DMD2.

What do you guys suggest?

Regards
- Cherry