Inheritance problem

spir denis.spir at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 09:26:14 PST 2011

> The theory for the private access in a module goes that likely the same author
> wrote all the code in that module, so he should understand what the code is
> supposed to do and have free access to anything.  It seems to work pretty well
> in practice (at least for me anyway).

The same logic applies in languages of the module/oberon line (which have a
good reputation afaik for their module system). Encapsulation plays at the
module level.
Eg in Oberon all is visible inside a module; the difference is exported/public
thingies are marked (with '*'), instead of the opposite in D (which is in my
view more like a dynamic language on this point).

denis