Defult stack size on Windows?

Simon s.d.hammett at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 10:33:26 PST 2011

On 15/02/2011 18:22, Simon wrote:
> On 14/02/2011 22:47, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> Anyone know what DMD/OPTLINK's default stack size on windows is? Or
>> how to
>> find out?
>
> Dunno.

Actually if you have visual studio installed you can use the dumpbin
utility. the /headers switch prints out the initial stack size:

    100000 size of stack reserve
      1000 size of stack commit

Looks like dmd is defaulting to 4k. Obviously that doesn't apply to
thread spawned at runtime; for windows the default is 4k again, though
d-runtime might specify more or less.

--
My enormous talent is exceeded only by my outrageous laziness.
http://www.ssTk.co.uk