datetime fails with undefined reference

Russel Winder russel at russel.org.uk
Sat Feb 19 12:07:40 PST 2011

On Sat, 2011-02-19 at 04:55 -0800, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
[ . . . ]
> I don't know anything about SCons. However, you _can_ use dmd to link if you
> want to (though that doesn't always work, since not all linker flags make it
> through safely; e.g., -L-static), so you shouldn't normally actually need to use
> gcc, even if you're doing incremental builds.

I'll have a play with using DMD as the driver for all stages.

> Now, if you need to use gcc for whatever reason, then you're going to need to
> either duplicate the flags in dmd.conf or parse it out. If it's just for you,
> then duplicating it would make sense. However, since dmd.conf is intended to be
> able to be tweaked by whoever is using it (adjusting where the libraries, adding
> extra flags, whatever), if the SCons D tool is supposed to know what flags to use,
> and it's supposed to work on anyone's computer, then it's going to need to parse
> out dmd.conf. Otherwise, it won't be correct on the machine of anyone who
> doesn't use the default configuration.
>
> But as I said, I know nothing about SCons, so I don't know what the best way to
> handle it is.

Actually I think your summary works very well :-)

I will look to replace all the hardwired replication of information with
a simple parse of the configuration file.  The hard question is: where
is the configuration file?

The problem I have here is that I have 64-bit Ubuntu, 64-bit Ubuntu,
64-bit Mac OS X and 32-bit Mac OS X but nothing else.which means I can
only really develop 50% of the plugin.  I really need a Windows person
to work with to co-develop this.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at russel.org.uk