problem while updating to 2.052

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Feb 20 22:53:14 PST 2011

On Sunday 20 February 2011 22:11:13 novice2 wrote:
> Christian Köstlin Wrote:
> > unfortunately not ... I looked several minutes at the stacktrace (would
>
> i am sorry for offtopic, but
> how you produce stacktrace? sometime i very want to see it...

1. It doesn't work on Windows yet, I don't believe. So, for now, you're out of
luck. I don't know about Mac OS X.

2. On Linux, any Throwable (be it an Exception or an Error) which escapes main
will print a stack trace.  IIRC, you also get a stack trace when you convert an
Exception to a string. Regardless, you need to have linked with -L--export-
dynamic to get the function names to work, but that's in the dmd.conf, so you
should always be building with it.

- Jonathan M Davis