rdmd problems (OS X Leopard, DMD 2.052)

Magnus Lie Hetland magnus at hetland.org
Mon Feb 21 03:18:54 PST 2011

On 2011-02-20 19:22:20 +0100, Magnus Lie Hetland said:

> On 2011-02-19 22:25:31 +0100, Nick Sabalausky said:
>
> [snip]
>> Unfortunately, rdmd doesn't seem to have gotten much attention lately.
>> I've had a few patches for it sitting in bugzilla for a number of
>> months. (Not that I'm complaning, I realize there's been other
>> priorities.)
>
> I see. Kind of surprising, given that rdmd is distributed in the
> official DMD zip file. But, yeah, no complaints. :)
>
>> Actually, if you want, you can grab a version of rdmd.d with my patches
>> applied here:
>> http://www.dsource.org/projects/semitwist/browser/trunk/rdmdAlt.d
>
> Thanks!

Humm. I'm still using the rdmd I had (it seems to work, so as long as I
have already compiled it... ;)

However: I'm a bit baffled by the --shebang option. What's its purpose,
really? If I use rdmd without it in a shebang line, it seems to work
fine. If I *do* use --shebang, the code doesn't seem to be
compiled/executed at all...

It seems like it interprets args[1] as a single string containing all
the arguments, splitting it into separate items. That seems well an
good -- except (in OS X, at least) it doesn't seem to be needed (I get
my arguments just fine without it, and the shebang-line switches work
well) ... and it doesn't seem to work (that is, with --shebang, nothing
happens).

Any thoughts on this?

--
Magnus Lie Hetland