OpenGL in D2

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 03:45:51 PST 2011

On 21.02.2011 13:33, Siqu wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to figure out how I could get a simple OpenGL/GLUT program working
> in DMD2. As an attachment, I've added a C version of what I'd like to do. I'd
> compile the C version using:
> gcc simple.c -lglut -lGLU -o simple
>
> I've found a few OpenGL projects, like bindings
> (http://www.dsource.org/projects/bindings/) and derelict
> (http://www.dsource.org/projects/derelict/), but I still can't find any way to
> easily use or install them (for D2 on Ubuntu). I'd have thought that, since D
> interfaces so well with C, just using C libraries wouldn't require specific
> wrapper libraries, but it seems an automated method for converting C headers
> to D isn't currently possible?

There is htod tool in the digitalmars website, but it's windows only.
Also it still leaves much to be desired.
IMHO Derelict is so far the best way to OpenGL and such in D, because of
the nice way it loads & handles all these weirdness with loading, say,
OpenGL extensions. And automatically picking up any suitable shared lib
is big win.

> Anyway, any help would be appreciated,
> Thanks.

Sadly your file goes like rubbish for me, is that base64 ?

--

Dmitry Olshansky