C++ to D: Help please

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips+D at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 16:53:37 PST 2011

Well I guess my point was to use a language you are very familiar with to obtain examples. There have been some attempts and such tutorials:

http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?ComingFrom#SpecificLanguage

But Java I think is the most thorough and out of date (pre-D1). There is also a porting guide for C++, but it is a hard read and definitely expects solid knowledge of C++.

http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?PortingFromCxx

Personally I would like to try and port your program to learn more about C++. But it is Windows related and my dev box is Linux. I just don't find Windows a fun environment to do coding. (I'm also running out of space since I only gave x86-64 Vista 30GB to work with).