Named Pipes IPC in D for windows and linux ?

Johannes Pfau spam at example.com
Sun Feb 27 13:30:34 PST 2011

Tarun Ramakrishna wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Is there anything in the standard library to do named pipes IPC in
>both windows and linux ? I am not necessarily looking for a unified
>API, anything that will allow me to setup named pipes on either OS and
>read/write on them will do.
>
>Thanks,
>Tarun

I'm not sure but I think there's nothing like that in the standard
library. The only thing I can think of is that the new std.process
(https://github.com/kyllingstad/phobos/blob/new-std-process/std/process.d)
uses pipes for IPC (anonymous pipes though, not named pipes) :-(

at least for posix druntime exports the c api, so you could write a
wrapper for that. (The pipe functions and types are in
core.sys.posix.sys.stat.d (mknod, S_IFIFO))

--
Johannes Pfau