How-to manipulate a C array with D2 vector operations?

Lars Holowko lars.holowko at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 08:51:28 PST 2011

Hi

I am trying to implement a D2 function that has this C signature (it
gets called from a C module and I cannot change the caller):

extern(C) read_into(char *buffer, size_t buf_len);

I would like to use D's vector (or array-wise according to TDPL)
operations on buffer but I cannot find a way, how I could initialize a
(static?) D array and tell it to use buffer as its memory. Obviously I
don't want to copy buffer in a regular D array to be able to do the
manipulations and than having to copy everything back into buffer.

Is there any way to get this accomplished?

Thanks,

Lars