druntime

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sat Jan 8 19:02:08 PST 2011

On Saturday 08 January 2011 13:32:19 Ellery Newcomer wrote:
> where did libdruntime.a go in dmd.2.051.zip:/linux/lib ?

I think that it's included inside of libphobos.a now, and has been for a few
releases. The libraries are still separate, and you can build them separately,
but from what I can tell, it looks like phobos ends up including the druntime
stuff in itself when you build it. So, having a separate libdruntime.a would be
kind of pointless unless you were specifically trying to avoid linking in any
Phobos stuff, which would be highly abnormal, and in which case you could build
druntime yourself.

But Sean or someone else who's been involved in that build process may have a
better answer as to what exactly is going on now and why.

- Jonathan M Davis