writef vs writeln and printing to the console

Christopher Nicholson-Sauls ibisbasenji at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 13:33:13 PST 2011

On 01/09/11 06:52, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> *I meant I converted them to writef, not writefln, and got a different
> behavior*. writefln works fine.

Okay, gotcha.  I'll agree that the behavioral change is unexpected (when
coming from C).  I believe there was actually a long discussion a while
back on "to flush or not to flush" with regard to stdio functions, and
apparently it was decided not to have the non *ln routines flush.  Worth
noting in the documentation if it isn't already.

-- Chris N-S