sort and shared

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 21 07:12:02 PST 2011

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 10:09:18 -0500, Steven Schveighoffer
<schveiguy at yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 10:04:56 -0500, Adam Conner-Sax
> <adam_conner_sax at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> I tried to apply that patch and rebuild phobos (I changed the file,
>> remade
>> libphobos2.a, put it in /usr/local/lib).  That worked but I still get
>> my error. I
>> might have done the applying or rebuilding wrong though, especially
>> since once I
>> did that, even with the casting away of shared, I get some linker
>> errors.
>>
>> I'll wait for the next release, I guess, and in the meantime cast away
>> "shared"
>> and be very afraid.
>>
>> Is there any way to fix it otherwise by making the elts printable?
>
> Hm... it's a simple patch.  Maybe there is something different I'm not
> seeing.
>
> I'll see if I can reproduce with my build.

Compiled your code and ran it without error (well, got a segfault because
the elements are all null), so I think maybe the patch wasn't applied
properly on your machine.

I guess all I can recommend is either to get phobos from svn or wait for
the next release.

-Steve