github syntax hilighting

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Wed Jan 26 10:27:39 PST 2011

On Wednesday, January 26, 2011 07:13:38 Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
> Anyone have any clue why this file is properly syntax-aware:
>
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/blob/master/src/rt/lifet
> ime.d
>
> but this file isn't
>
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/blob/master/src/core/thr
> ead.d
>
> I'm still not familiar at all with git or github...

I don't know, but I've had vim decide that .d files shouldn't be syntax
highlighted as D files (and IIRC that's actually somewhat extension-based, so
that's just downright weird). Maybe github is having similar issues where it
just decides for some reason that a particular file isn't of a particular type an
so isn't syntax highlighted. Certainly, I don't see any obvious reason why
they're not both properly syntax highlighted.

- Jonathan M Davis