github syntax hilighting

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 09:27:37 PST 2011

On 1/27/11, Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> wrote:
> I would guess it takes 10 seconds because it processes the file as a
> whole. I would guess vim doesn't do that, but I don't know.

I haven't thought of that! Actually Vim's syntax highlighting
'algorithm' is customizable. You can set it up to try highlighting the
entire file, or it can do some magic and scan backwards N lines to
figure out how to highlight the entire screen. Afaik the D syntax
highlighting script doesn't scan the entire file at once, which
probably explains the speed. :)