C# interop

Eelco Hoogendoorn hoogendoorn.eelco at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 07:29:44 PST 2011

Hi,

I am trying to combine C# and D, to get what is to me the best of both worlds; large libraries and excellent toolchain, with to the
metal programming.

Currently, I am doing this by means of C#/CLI/C++ interop, but I got reminded as to why I hate C++ so much after spending a few days
trying to get something as simple as ranges to work. But the interop works smooth; no complaints there.

I am using visual D, if it matters any.

What would be the best way to go about this? The D documentation is kindof cryptic to a non-professional like me. It doesnt seem as
if I will be able to use D classes inside CLI, so I think that means I might as well ditch it altogether and just use Pinvoke?

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Regards,
Eelco