calling D2 routines from C routines on linux

Charles Hixson charleshixsn at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 19 16:24:57 PDT 2011

Actually, the C routines are there purely as a link to Python, but ...

To me the problem appears to be that I don't know how to initialize the
D system when it's not a main program, and I don't know what needs to be
linked.

To me it seems like this should be written up in the documentation, but
there are problems because different systems would use different
commands for the linking,  (And for the compilation of the non-D classes.)

There's a short writeup on how to call D from C++, but it's not enough
to actually DO it.  It doesn't tell how to initialize the D environment,
e.g., or what libraries need to be linked.  (phobos, yes, but it that
all?  And would you need it even if you didn't use phobos?)

That said, I got this working a few years ago with D1, but is D2 the
same?  It seems quite different in many ways.