Building DMD from git

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sat Jul 23 19:10:46 PDT 2011

"Jonathan M Davis" <jmdavisProg at gmx.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.1890.1311472074.14074.digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com...

> It can't find object_.d. It means that the path to druntime (and probably
> the
> path to phobos as well) is screwed up. Your dmd.conf (or sc.ini I guess,
> since
> you appear to be on Windows) needs to be fixed to have the correct paths.

Heh, turns out the problem was something I glossed over in my listing of
what I did.

When I created sc.ini, I created it in the main current directory (ie, the
same directory that contains the "dmd", "druntime" and "phobos"
subdirectories). Then I gave sc.ini to DMD with:

> copy sc.ini dmd\bin

And then ran dmd from the current directory. So DMD picked up ./sc.ini
instead of ./dmd/bin/sc.ini. And of course, since the paths in sc.ini are
given relative to sc.ini itself, that's what screwed it up.

Boy, three time-consuming dumbass mistakes in two days. I'm really on a roll
here... ;)