2.054 doesn't install properly for Ubuntu 10.10?

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 08:32:59 PDT 2011

I've tried upgrading 2.053 to 2.054 via the .deb package distributed here:
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/download.html

It gave me an upgrade button in the ubuntu software center.

Well upgrading broke the compiler, now I get back:
andrej at andrej-VirtualBox:~/Desktop/test$ dmd bla.d
object.d: Error: module object is in file 'object.d' which cannot be read
Specify path to file 'object.d' with -I switch

I've tried uninstalling and installing DMD again via the .deb package,
with no luck. What am I supposed to do now?