2.054 doesn't install properly for Ubuntu 10.10?

Johannes Pfau spam at example.com
Sun Jul 24 10:54:17 PDT 2011

Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
>I've tried upgrading 2.053 to 2.054 via the .deb package distributed
>here: http://www.digitalmars.com/d/download.html
>
>It gave me an upgrade button in the ubuntu software center.
>
>Well upgrading broke the compiler, now I get back:
>andrej at andrej-VirtualBox:~/Desktop/test$ dmd bla.d
>object.d: Error: module object is in file 'object.d' which cannot be
>read Specify path to file 'object.d' with -I switch
>
>I've tried uninstalling and installing DMD again via the .deb package,
>with no luck. What am I supposed to do now?

And I though I was the only one with that issue. For some reason
dmd.conf isn't installed properly into /etc/dmd.conf with the latest
dmd release. Copying it in there manually worked for me.

/etc/dmd.conf should look like this:
-----------------
;
; dmd.conf file for dmd
;
; dmd will look for dmd.conf in the following sequence of directories:
;   - current working directory
;   - directory specified by the HOME environment variable
;   - directory dmd resides in
;   - /etc directory
;
; Names enclosed by %% are searched for in the existing environment
; and inserted.
; The special name %@P% is replaced with the path to this file.
;

[Environment]

DFLAGS=-I/usr/include/d/dmd/phobos -I/usr/include/d/dmd/druntime/import
-L-L/usr/lib32 -L-L/usr/lib64 -L--no-warn-search-mismatch
-L--export-dynamic -L-lrt