DMD's kernel32.lib missing symbols?

simendsjo simendsjo at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 02:43:02 PDT 2011

On 29.07.2011 22:06, Simon wrote:
> On 29/07/2011 19:27, simendsjo wrote:

>>> Shows how to make your own import lib for windows system dll:
>>>
>>> http://www.sstk.co.uk/d.php
>>>
>>> Been ages since I did that though so let me know if you have problems.
>>>

>> I've tried using implib too, but replacing dmd's own kernel32.lib seems
>> to create problems.
>
> What sort of problems? It's worked perfectly for me so far.

PTLINK (R) for Win32  Release 8.00.12
opyright (C) Digital Mars 1989-2010  All rights reserved.
ttp://www.digitalmars.com/ctg/optlink.html
:\dmd\windows\bin\..\lib\phobos.lib(dmain2)
Error 42: Symbol Undefined _LocalFree at 4
:\dmd\windows\bin\..\lib\phobos.lib(dmain2)
Error 42: Symbol Undefined _WideCharToMultiByte at 32

etc..

I tried to replace kernel32.lib like this:
c:\dmd\windows\lib>implib /system kernel32.lib
\Windows\system32\kernel32.dll

As this didn't work, I recompiled druntime and phobos with the new
kernel32.lib, but I get the same errors.