how to get the local?

Lloyd Dupont ld-REMOVE at galador.net
Wed Jun 1 13:48:50 PDT 2011

Thanks, I'll have a look tonight!

"Steven Schveighoffer"  wrote in message
news:op.vwezfbqmeav7ka at localhost.localdomain...

On Wed, 01 Jun 2011 16:13:44 -0400, Lloyd Dupont <ld-REMOVE at galador.net>
wrote:

Here is my new theory -- note that the function is only defined on Vista
or later.  DMD does not use the same object format as Windows (i.e. Visual
C++), so all libraries have to be "converted" to a form that dmd can link
with.  Most of the relevant Windows lib files are already pre-converted
and included in the dmd distribution under windows/lib.  I'd bet that the
version of kernel32.lib that was used to generate this file is an XP
version, which would not contain this function.

I'd recommend investigating how to replace that kernel32.lib with the
Vista (or later) version (I'm sure someone will tell you here ;) or try
using the predecessor function, which should be universally compatible
(See the above noted documentation).