Performance of new operator

Joseph Schuchart tschoo at wh10.tu-dresden.de
Sun Jun 5 04:32:42 PDT 2011

> Have you seen this page?
> http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/debian/benchmark.php?test=all&lang=gdc&lang2=gcc&box=1#ratio

Thanks for this info. I haven't seen this page yet, it seems to be
outdated though. I was wondering why there are no results for the D
language in the current version of this benchmarking game. It seems
someone has submitted code that is not used in the new version?
>> I am now stuck with my second try: a simple binary tree.
> This benchmark stresses just the GC. The D GC is simple and slow.
>From the posts I have read on digitalmars.D I expected the GC to be a
problem here, however reality seems to be worse than what I expected...
> Bye,
> bearophile
Joseph