Is it reasonable to learn D

Fabian contact-fab at freenet.de
Wed Jun 8 04:11:03 PDT 2011

Calling all: Thank you.

I want to use Tango because a friend has lent me a book about learning D
and using the Tango Software Library. So I'm forced to use D 1.x, aren't I?

At the moment I just want to learn D - I'm not going to code any big
project with D next time so I think DMD is OK at the beginning. But I'm
no coding newbie - I've already experiences with Delphi and I'm able to
find a solution (also object orientated) for more or less complicated
problems. (Network, Graphics, Threading, ...).

But if I want to start a bigger project like a small game (Jump 'n' Run,
...) I would be very glad to know that my compiler has got a good code
optimization.

Greetings Fabian

PS: I believe that's no big problem that there's no German community
because my English is understandable - I think. But it's more
comfortable to communicate in German.