Install DWT2 using DMD and Tango

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips+D at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 14:57:52 PDT 2011

Andrew Wiley Wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 11:54 AM, Fabian <contact-fab at freenet.de> wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > I'm trying to install DWT2 to create GUI applications with D.
> > I have downloaded DWT2 with TortoiseHg already and I've installed Ruby and
> > Rake. But when I try to build the packages I get the following error
> > message:
> >
> > http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/62/dwt2error.png/
> >
> > Is there anybody who can help me?
> > I believe it's possible to use DWT2 and Tango - isn't it?
> >

> It's called DWT2 because it's a port of the existing DWT code to D2. Tango
> is a replacement standard library for D1, so no, they can't really be used
> together.
> I'm not sure about the state of DWT1, but it should be fairly stable, even
> if it hasn't been worked on recently.

No, DWT2 is a strategy change to how DWT is structured. The change was to use the structure of SWT instead of renaming and moving everything. This was to make porting easier. It also combined dwt-linux, dwt-windows dwt-mac under one repository.

Fabian,

I think you should check that Tango is properly installed. From the repo:

The sc.ini/dmd.conf of the DMD in the PATH needs to have all
necessary parameters to build a application with the std lib.

E.g. for Tango it can look like this:
[Environment]
LINKCMD=%@P%\link.exe
LIB="%@P%\..\..\..\..\tango\lib"