WindowsAPI Binding - Linker Errors

Loopback elliott.darfink at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 05:00:15 PDT 2011

Hello!

I've been test programming win32 applications recently, and since the
phobos win32 library is so limited, I decided to download and test the
WindowsAPI Binding
(http://www.dsource.org/projects/bindings/wiki/WindowsApi). Using the
latest snapshot (as of this writing) I receive the following linker
errors when I compile:

Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D5win328winerror12MAKE_HRESULTFbkkZi
(MAKE_HRESULT is undefined).

These are my imports: win32.mmsystem, win32.windef, win32.winuser,
win32.wingdi and win32.directx.d3d9.

The problem lies within the DirectX module. If I do not import it, there
are no errors. I've taken the d3d9.lib and d3dx9.lib from the DirectX
SDK and used coffimplib and the linked to them, without success.

These are the libraries I am linking to: gdi32.lib, winmm.lib and d3d9.lib.

Any theories why MAKE_HRESULT is undefined? Have I forgotten to link to
something?