enum sstring problem

Lloyd Dupont ld at galador.net
Wed Jun 15 22:53:17 PDT 2011

Yes indeed, I'm using Visual D
Ho... good to know, thanks! :)

mm.. well hopefully it'll be fixed in the next release...
and I should pay a close look at the build script!

"Johann MacDonagh"  wrote in message news:itbp22$28l2$1 at digitalmars.com...

On 6/15/2011 5:32 PM, Jos van Uden wrote:
> Using 2.053 on win32 (XP), compiles and runs.

Ah! I found the problem. If you're using VisualD it compiles with the -g
flag (add symbolic debug info), which fails:

main.d(4): Error: Integer constant expression expected instead of "hello"
main.d(5): Error: Integer constant expression expected instead of "betty"
main.d(4): Error: Integer constant expression expected instead of "hello"
main.d(5): Error: Integer constant expression expected instead of "betty"

If you compile with just "dmd main.d" in the command line it works. It's
a bug. Anyone know if it's submitted yet?