dmdscript osx.mak

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 15:17:37 PDT 2011

On 18.06.2011 10:35, Joshua Niehus wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I apologize if this is the wrong forum to post this question, but I
> couldn't find a corresponding learn mailing list for DMDScript.
>
> I wanted to play around with DMDScript but cant seem to get started.
>  I downloaded the source and attempted to make it via:
>     $ make -f osx.mak
>
> But I get the following error:
>     textgen.d(132): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression ~ some
> string ~ of type string to char[]
> Am I doing the right thing? Or how do I go about getting building 'ds'
> so I can run simpleton scripts?
>
> Josh

It's pretty much like Robert says: original  source for DMDscript is for
D1 and wasn't update for quite some time.
Still the D2 port should work with no problems. And even though I did it
in the first place, the only benefit of it right now is that it's
written in D and thus could be integrated with D projects slightly
better. Still if you are up for some hacking give it a try.
As for speed, yeah, it's something like around 20-200x slower at various
workloads (e.g. numerics in JavaScript and such), so wouldn't recommend
if you have performance in mind.

--
Dmitry Olshansky