WTF! Parallel foreach more slower that normal foreach in multicore CPU ?

Khint Enco khint at none.net
Fri Jun 24 02:46:56 PDT 2011

On 24/06/11 09:19, Zardoz wrote:
> Thanks !!! Now I'm getting a more logical result. I get  1407ms normal vs 759ms in parallel foreach with logs[20_000_000]
> It's strange that clock() do weird things with threading, not ?
>
> PD: It's me, or http version of the forum do strange things, like not getting correct javascript action for the buttons if you hover from one to other ??

I'm surprised that web ng thing hasn't been nuked already .. everyone
around here (except you and some others) use Thunderbird!

http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/

It's cross platform and comes in several languages, there's also support
for POP3 and newsgroups. There may be more features, but I don't use
them ..