Growable BinaryHeap: use w/Array?

Magnus Lie Hetland magnus at hetland.org
Sun Mar 6 05:37:19 PST 2011

Just wondering: If I want a growable binary heap (I'd be open to other
priority queue structures, for that matter ;), is the standard way in D
(w/Phobos) to combine std.container.BinaryHeap with
std.container.Array? Any reason why BinaryHeap can't deal with ordinary
dynamic array appending, or appender instances, for that matter? Or, to
put the questions a bit differently: Is there a reason why std.array
doesn't have an insertBack method (that BinaryHeap can use) either
defined for dynamic arrays or for std.array.Appender?

Just trying to figure out what's what here :)

--
Magnus Lie Hetland
http://hetland.org