Win7 64-bit

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 7 06:23:09 PST 2011

On 07/03/2011 02:10, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
<snip>
> If you're using -cov, you probably want -unittest,
<snip>

I disagree:

- Most of the time I use -cov, it's to check the normal flow of program logic, rather than
the unittests.  It's true that it *can* be used to check that the unittests cover all
cases, but that's far from its only use.

- Even if checking unittests were its only *practical* use, it would be arbitrary to
program in a restriction explicitly.

- If there are circumstances in which code coverage analysis shouldn't be allowed, the
compiler should complain, not silently ignore the switch.

That it ignores -cov in the absence of these other switches is a bona fide bug.  You're in
a better position to put it into Bugzilla than I am.

Moreover, does DMD have a Win64 (either runs on or compiles for) version?  Or is it just
the normal Win32 version, running on your 64-bit system?  It would be useful if we could
find out the circumstances in which this bug bites.

Stewart.