Expression tuples

Simen kjaeraas simen.kjaras at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 14:57:57 PDT 2011

On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 22:43:20 +0100, Steven Schveighoffer
<schveiguy at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Now I am concerned, this looks like an oxymoron:
>
> TypeTuple!(1, 2, 3)
>
> Should we think about changing the name of std.typetuple.TypeTuple since
> it can clearly contain expressions as well as types?  I would actually
> argue that TypeTuple should be called Tuple, and Tuple be called
> ValueTuple or something, but I understand we probably cannot do that at
> this point...

Such has been discussed before. std.typecons.Tuple should also have a
reasonably terse name, a virtue I feel ValueTuple does not fulfill.

The problem is that those things contained in a std.typetuple.TypeTuple
are so diverse, and thus hard to put in category. FreeTuple? TupleList?
AnyTuple? AllTuple?

Anyways, I'm off to sleep. Good... Well, I guess it's day to most of you
on the other side of the pond. Good day, then. :p

--
Simen